Amy Douglas, a junior UNL Forensic Science Major studying in the Crime Scene Investigation track just finished an exciting internship with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) at their Kansas City office.
HSI works with immigration enforcement, preventing terrorism, and combating the illegal movement of people and trade. As an intern Douglas gained valuable first-hand experience of what it is like to work for the government as a Special Agent. Her experiences included:
- Shadowing Special Agents
- Going out on surveillance
- Attending gun range training
- Interviewing forensic scientists, CBP officers, evidence technicians, CFAs, and more
- Assisting agents with their casework
- Attending mission briefings
Internships are a crucial component of student undergraduate experiences and are highly encouraged for Forensic Science Majors. We are very proud of the accomplishments of our students and the variety of placements they acquire.